Everything you want to know about running across the USA, twice! If you want to do something amazing like this yourself, or if you are just curious and want to know all about it, this book is for you!
Hi, I´m Milton Miller and in December of 2010 I started my first run across the USA, from Miami to Los Angeles. Then, on January 1st of 2014, I started a second run, this time from Los Angeles to Miami. In this book I write about all the surprising, often amazing stories about what happened during these two great journeys.
The book everyone is asking about!
I get asked about it a lot! Yes, I wrote a book about this run and the first, done in 2011. It is available now! Click here to open the FREE eBook
You can also save it in your computer. Share with your friends! It’s free!
What this book is about:
- What makes a couch potato any previous running experience suddenly get up and decide to run across the USA?
- How do I pay for these adventures. What are the possibilities for someone who wants to do something similar.
- How a drinking club (with a running problem) became my main support group.
- Mistakes, miscalculations, and many things that didn’t go as planned.
- What gear I used and solutions I found for many problems without having to fulfill any contract with a sponsor. I can write about what really works and what doesn’t.
- How I chose my routes and how I planned for each part of the adventure.
- All about camping in the wild, gear, techniques, and experiences.
- How I can find peace and tranquility along the journey. How to keep my mind occupied.
- The overall compassion of people I never met before and how, while hearing my story and about my journey they opened their homes and businesses to me.
- The battles that happen inside one’s mind during such a long struggle: the doubts, disappointments, and what gave me strength to persevere.
- How these runs changed me, the way I think, how I treat people, and how people treat me. What I used to believe before, and what I believe now.
- Interesting statistics about performance, weight loss, and much more!
But there is more!
The free online book is PG-13, and only the printed book has an extra chapter called “Sex, drugs and violence”, so it is R-rated! Get ready for some crazy stuff!
- Transcontinental runners don’t have groupies and yet a lot can happen over thousands of miles. I will tell it all! Out of respect for the privacy of people I interacted with, I may have to change some names, times or locations.
- Guns, guns everywhere! You will be amazed about the gun talk, the cultural significance, the dangerous situations and the times when violence became very real during my journeys.
- An honest conversation about drugs. From alcohol to weed and prescriptions. The runners that run high and the runners that get high after running. The near pitfalls and the astounding great stories.
- The funny and the scary tales about encounters with apparently insane people or with homeless, white supremacists, indians, fugitives and other kind of people that you don’t see so much “in society”.
- And finally, you may understand why I call it “madness”.